Saturday, November 8, 2014

Week # 63 ~Nothing to Spooky!


A quote from the files of President Weston
 "There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do." (Freya Stark)

I am healthy, I am happy, I am safe  & my companion is great!
Just getting those questions out of the way for you Mom!

So our crazy friend Oscar is in a mental hospital now, where he should be. 

For Halloween it was like another day.  No ward parties, no fun companions. I tried to get into the spirit but no one else wanted to so I ended up carving an apple instead of a pumpkin. What a bunch of losers every one was being. There are a lot of crazy awesome pumpkins here in Nebraska, people spend a lot of time and creativity here on Halloween pumpkins, it has been fun going to different neighborhoods to see what they have designed. I have attached a few pictures.

We knocked doors all week.  Trying to visit everyone with in these new area boundaries.  We found a couple of funny signs and an up side down tree in some ones yard.  Otherwise we had very little luck getting new people to teach.  It gets depressing sometimes, but I know I just need to stay positive and do my best. 

I am reading in 1 Nephi 16.  I love reading the B of Mormon.  I also love to share stories with the families from the B of Mormon. 

I have sent some pictures for you this week.  I appreciate you getting me ready for school.  I am so excited to be roommates with Preston.  You will need to let me know more about the place that we are staying and fill me in on my classes that you sign me up for.  I think it is awesome! 

I have got to go, I love you tons!
Love,
Elder Vance



Crazy awesome pumpkins everywhere here in Nebraska!

I know this is that frozen movie character, I hear people talking about it and singing frozen songs all the time!  Can't wait to see it!