Monday, September 29, 2014

Week #58 ~Week one. Got it down!


This week’s quote from President Weston,

"It is good to act as if. It is better to grow to the point where it is no longer an act." 
(Charles Caleb Colton)

This week has been super; it has been full of miracles.  We are opening a new area, which is very exciting.  Lake view is a very hilly place and the up hill parts of biking are very hard but the down hill parts are nice.  This whole week up until Friday and Saturday was just us driving or walking or biking around trying to find someone to teach.  Opening a new area is harder than I thought it would be because no one wants to talk with us.  We have been going door to door contacting all the members we have records for.  We tried everyone that we have record of and our ward has about 250 to 300 people in it. 

Yesterday, we were trying to contact a less active guy.   We knocked two times and nothing happened.  So we were going to walk away and I thought, third times the charm and I knocked again.  Then the neighbor opened up his door.  And guess what, he is a member that we didn't know about.    We talked and now we are going to teach him!    This is only one among many other miracles that happened to us this week.  This work is great!  This area is super special and ready to get taught!  My comp Elder Hammond is super nice guy and really funny.  We get a long great!

My new, Elder Hammond, he is from Mont Pilliar Idaho.  Also in my apartment is Elder Sorenson he came out with me.  Then there is Elder Neilson, he is a greeny and they are all great!

My new apartment is it is in a giant apartment building.  It has all new things in it.  It is very nice.  For my Halloween costume we are going to be the Men in Black.  I have the glasses and the black tie, I just need the flash thing and I am done.  Can you have Preston build me a deneurolizer (the men in black think that they use to erase peoples minds) and send it to me for my Halloween costume?

My old companion has been moved to the same ward as the President.  So he could keep an eye on him.  I am very happy and have great new missionaries to hang out with!

That is my week so far, Love you!!

Love Elder Vance