Thursday, September 4, 2014

Week # 54 ~ Nebraska State Fair


Hello Family,

To start a quote from President Weston,

 "The intensity of our desire to share the gospel is a great indicator of the extent of our personal conversion."
(Elder Dallin H. Oaks)

This week has been blowing by super fast! Yet it feels like forever since I have been to the library to email.  So the Hamm fam is going to be baptized this Friday. I am going to confirm all of them except for their son because he is 7.  It is husband and wife and daughter age 10.  I am super excited and really nervous about it because it is my first time confirming anyone except in the temple. 

Thank you for the giant package to help me celebrate my ONE YEAR mark, I love the giant card it was really cool. 

My comp and I are getting along better.  Yesterday we went to the Nebraska state fair.  It was gigantic and really fun. Right as we entered the fair a couple of really cute girls came up to us and asked us for a picture,  so they did a selfie thing and we were off.  The fair was really fun! They had 18 inch long turkey legs and foot long corn dogs and a bunch of really interesting foods.  I bought a tie that lights up to sounds and It is legit!!  It is all black and the sound bars are green.  We also saw giant tractor races, pig races, a guy in a robot suit dancing while riding a Segway.  There was tons of these giant and weird fish.  We entered the photo scavenger hunt which made things more fun and entertaining for us.  We got to talk to a lot of people while experiencing the fair.  It was great!  Needless to say it was super cool and we should go there next year.  It comes every year to Grand Island.  That was my week.

Love you all,
 Elder Vance