Monday, September 22, 2014

Week # 57~Omaha Nebraska!


To start a thought from President Weston,

"My Calling: I am called of God. My Authority is above that of kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master. He has chosen me to represent Him, to stand in His place, to say and do what He himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, my acts are His acts, my words are His words, and my doctrine is His doctrine. My commission is to do what He wants done. To say what He wants said. To be a living, modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of His great and marvelous latter-day work. 
 HOW GREAT IS MY CALLING." (Elder Bruce R. McConkie)

So this week has been super!  On Tuesday we went out and ate at Red Lobster and we had endless shrimp.  I ate a small breakfast the next day because I was still full!!  and it tasted really good!! 

Then on Wednesday Elder Saunders got a phone call from President Weston, he asked him what is up with Elder Millett and they discussed it in private. glad to be done with all that craziness!!!

On Friday I took a 4 hour trip in a 15 passenger van to go to Omaha and open up an area!  Opening an area is when a set of missionaries gets put into the area for the first time after a while with no missionaries in it. My new companion is Elder Hammond.  He and I came out at the same time.  He is really funny and cool.  We live in a brand new apartment with everything new in it and it still smell like new carpet.  We are also living with 2 other elders. So 4 elders in 1 apartment.  I am very excited to get to know these new elders.  They are great.  It will be a lot of fun and a adventure opening a new area and sharing the Gospel with them.

So that is my week so far.

Love Elder Vance


My new address:
7007 S. 148th st.  #12
Omaha,  Nebraska 68138

 My time is up and I need to go.

Love you,
Elder Vance