Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Week # 59 ~OMAHA!




Hello Family,

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading." (Lao Tzu)

Well this last Friday we had a little switch up.  Elder Neilson is a visa waiter and he got his visa and is now in Taiwon, My companion is Elder Sorenson and he is a district leader and he came out with me also.  He is great.  We are getting along great, and doing great things!

 Elder Hammond is in another area being a district leader.  All because Elder Neilson left early.  So there is just two elders living in the apartment and we are in a car share with Elder Millett and Elder Larson.  Other than that I has been a great week.

Our area is big and no one knows where anything is.  We are all new to the area.   My comp has a GPS and it helps us at least not get to lost.   

Life is good and I am feeling great.  Yes and we bike a lot! This Area is very hilly.  We have to go UP the hill BOTH WAYS, just like dad had to do, and it is tuff.
They had to close down Lakeview area again, the new area we were working.  There was not enough elders in the area to keep it going correctely since Elder N & Elder H left.  Now again I am in Millard with Elder Sorenson, same apartment.  7007 s. 145th st. Omaha Nebraska 61844.  It is an awesome apartment, new and nice.

I am now just trying to get the area down. I have to meet all new people in the area so it will take a little bit of time to get it memorized.  But it is exciting getting to know new people and new areas. 

Serving a mission is completely different from what I thought it would be like.  Not a lot of the people here are very interested in the church or leaning about our Hevenely Father.   Also, all missionaries have unique personalites, they all take getting use to and are sometimes hard to get along with. 

So we have been re-reading the BoM and I am learning a lot more about the stories that I heard in primary & Young Mens.   Like how the sons of Ishmael were just on the Band Wagon and did anything that their peers did.   It doesn't say anything about the wife's of Laman or Lemuel or Nephi or Sam.  I am sure it is because they are sacred and do not need to be talked about. 

I learned that I need to rely on my Heavenly Father more for things being on a mission. 
Words have come to my mouth when I needed them. He has helps me teach a lot of lessons that I did not know where to go with them.  But I was guided to say the things I needed to say.  I have had to rely on Him a ton with Millett.   He also with giving me strength while biking and walking and other physical things that I must complete.

I have sent a picture, we are the “A team” yes we have lots of fun together.  It is a nice change since the last companionship!

Have to go,
Love you lots!
Elder Vance