Monday, August 25, 2014

Week # 53 ~ OWWW!! Get off me!



 Hello Family and friends,

A quote from my mission pres.

"I would like to urge (everyone) to again read the Book of Mormon...There is nothing we could do of greater importance than to have fortified in our individual lives an unshakable conviction that Jesus is the Christ, the living Son of the living God. And, my brothers and sisters, that is the purpose of the coming forth of this remarkable and wonderful book." President Gordon B. Hinckley

So this week was interesting and a little annoying.  This week I got bit by a spider on my arm, eaten by several mosquitos, attacked by a gardener snake in my apartment, and attacked by two sort of small rat-dogs (dogs a little bigger than a chuawa).  Also, my comp tried to kill me for the second time since we have been together.

So on Tuesday I woke up with a kind of lumpish slightly swollen (but really small) bump on my arm that itched and then later that night I got eaten by these freak’in giant mosquitos!! I am not exaggerating either.   I killed one on our 3rd comps head and it was at least the size of a nickel.

On Wednesday there was a kind of severe rain storm and our 3rd comp opened up the back door to see just how bad the rain was.   Suddenly, a gardener snake shot into our apartment. It was really confused and it curled up in the corner and opened its mouth and was trying to bite us and it was hissing at us. Elder Millett grabbed it and threw it outside.

Later that night he was praying on my blankets when I was trying to make my bed to go to sleep and I asked him to get off of my blankets so I could get to sleep.   When he wouldn't I pushed him to get off of my blanket and he got up and grabbed me by the shirt and pushed me onto by bed and I whacked my head on the cement wall.   He told me to never interrupt him praying again, and didn't talk to me for the rest of the night.  Later into the next day he said he was sorry for trying to kill me again.  He is on a lot of medication and has a problem with anger. I will survive!

Thursday.  We saw a lady by the name of sister Kister (pronounced kee-ster) and she had a little dog that was growling at us.   She smacked it a couple of times and the dog was quiet until we were going to leave and the dog attacked my calf.   It was trying to bite it but its mouth was too small. I was about to kick it when sister K pulled on the leach and smacked it a couple more times and it was quiet after that.

We have been challenged to read the BoM and finish reading it by December.  That means reading 5 pages a day.  It is going good so far.  Best news is the H’s are scheduled for baptism in a few weeks which is fantastic!!

and that is my week

Love Elder Vance

SISTER MISSIONARY WHO CAME OUT WITH ME

ELDER WHO CAME FROM MTC WITH ME

PLEASE SEND ME LETTERS!