Monday, September 9, 2013

Week # 3 ~Shenandoah Iowa


On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Auston Vance ‪<auston.vance@myldsmail.net> wrote:


Hello All,

So this is the fourth day for me on my mission in Shenandoah Iowa.  My senior companion is Elder Smith, he is awesome.   So a little about the mission I’m in  Shenandoah is very quiet town and almost nothing happens around here.  The people here are all very friendly to missionaries, most of the people here are older.    I am staying is a little motel/ home.  We have one bathroom with a living room and kitchen combined and one bedroom with two beds in it.  There is pretty much no room to put anything, because its so small.  The elder that I replaced left all of his things in the room. There are no bedbugs here in my bed that I know of so far.   We get to drive everywhere in a really nice ford truck that is on the small side but still good.  Monday is my new p day now. I will let you know if it changes. 

On Saturday, Elder Smith and I volunteered at a local roller skate rink. It is small and all of the electronics there are super old. We helped there giving out roller skates to the people there and ran the prize stand.   We gave little prizes to people who pay for them and we also ran the food stand.   We gave them candy and drinks and also frozen pickle juice in a little cup for them to suck and lick  eeww!!!.  
We volunteered there from 6:30 to 9 pm, it was great to get to know the community.


 Yesterday (sunday) I gave my first blessing to one of our investigators that was in the hospital.  She had a bad fall in her house. It was a great experience.

Sunday at about 6:15 p.m. Elder smith and I were feeling really tired and I told him I was going to take a nap and I was expecting to take a short nap , but instead of taking a nap, I fell asleep.  I woke up 9:45 am the next morning  that’s about 15 1/2 hours or sleep,  in my church cloths. I feel so much better now and my cold is pretty much gone.

Tomorrow we are going to volunteer at a local elementary school to help one of our investigators that is a teacher there.  We will help in the class room grade work and stuff.

I will send you my SD card with pictures soon.
Tell everyone hello and that I am doing great.

My new address is:

2007 US Highway 59 
#46 
Shenandoah, Iowa   51601

Lots of love to every one,

Love Elder Auston Vance