Monday, July 21, 2014

Week # 47 ~Ups & Downs


Hello Family,

Start off any good day with an uplifting  Pres. quote.

"Moral excellence comes about as a result of habit... we become just by doing just acts, temperate by doing temperate acts, brave by doing brave acts." (Aristotle). And may I add, "Christ-like, by doing Christ-like acts!!"

So this week was kind of a downer.  A guy that we used to teach died this week.   I don't know how he died, but we are in contact with his wife if she needs any gospel in her life.  Also someone from my school died on his mission in Madagascar from internal bleeding from the brain. That really threw me around the corner and back so that was kind of sad.

But on a strange note, I found out that my comp. loves to eat paper, literal paper, like notebook paper, tissue paper, the paper that hamburgers come wrapped in, that stuff and it really grosses me out.

On a GREAT note….we are getting closer and closer to a baptism with the H family and I’m really excited about that.  They are a great family and are growing in the Gospel. 

That is pretty much what happened this week.

I am doing well and am keeping on.  I am not in need of money or clothing, just letters from home. Thank you all who are sending love from home!  I really enjoy hearing how everyone is doing.

Love,
Elder Vance