Thursday, July 10, 2014

Week # 46~ Hot.Hot.Hot.


Hello All,

Quote from pres.

"Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact." (William James)

So about this week.

It is so freak’in hot!   The tar on the streets and parking lots have melted and it squish around with my shoe. What a mess.

The Hamm's, the family of four that we have been teaching are going great.  They have a little boy who is 6 and little girl is 10.   The wife works during the day and husband works at night.  They have a ton of questions about everything and we have most of the answers.   To answer your question, do we know what we are going to teach ahead of time…Yes we do plan specific topics that we are going to teach them ahead of time.  It changes a lot and evolves as we go. 

The forth of July we ate with some members home.  A potluck kind of thing and then went home at 9 and it took me forever to fall asleep after that.   All of the legal and illegal fireworks that people were setting off all night. 

While riding my bide on friday I hit the curb and fell off and rolled off of my bike.   I didn't even get hurt or tear my pants.   Later we were visiting a less active and their dog jumped on me and tore a little bit of my pants :( but she offered to sew them back together for me.

I have been doing a lot of research on my heritage the Tribe of Manasseh in the bible.  It has been really interesting and I have a little challenge for you when you have time.  See what you can find out about your tribe.

My new companion is fine. Yes, he is nice to me.  He has re-arranged our entire apartment and can rebuke me really good.   He follows the rules to the extreme.  I will be fine, we are working on things!

My money is great, I have plenty and I don't think that I need anything else. 

That is my week and I love you all,

Love Elder Vance