Monday, January 27, 2014

Week #23 ~oh no oh no oh no


Family,

This week was just a little different. 

On Wednesday we went to interviews with our mission president.  It felt like I was going to show my report card to my parents.  I was kind of nervous because it was my first one with him and each interview was about a half hour long.  You couldn't hear anything that was happening inside the room.  There was a long wait for the interviews.  There was a chair right next to the door that everyone called the 'hot seat', which is the next person to get interviewed. 

When I got into the room with President Weston, he told me a lot of things and one was to write my own book that is like the book 'Hearing the Voice of the Lord' but with my own incites and thoughts about that kind of thing. 

On Friday we were volunteering at Skate land and I still had not used that $200 gift certificate.  So I had kept it in my wallet and while we were volunteering at Skate land this guy "R" who we know from Skate Land has been going through a lot of financial issues and told me he was flat broke.   He said that he just needs to trust in the Lord for what happens next.  I  thought that it would be the perfect time to give him my gift card.  He couldn't believe it at all and thought it was a joke and we had to convince him about 5 times before he believed us. "R" was super ecstatic and was very happy, I felt really good about doing it and helping him out.

We also volunteered at the elementary school this week for a member who is a teacher there.

Love,
Elder Vance