Monday, January 6, 2014

Week #20 ~I can't feel my toes, or my feet, or by body!!


Wa hooo.....Gosh dang!! It’s cold out here!! 

 I woke up to -8 this morning and the low today is around -30.  Every time I breathe in, I can feel the cold go down my throat and freeze. 

So here is a little about my area right now.  Mainly, it is still the same, no one ever moves into or out of Shenandoah, but we have been exploring the rest of our area that we never visit.  I don't know why we never have.   We were going around trying some doors and guess what happened?  

We have four new investigators! 

One of them is this guy named William J. He is from Africa and he is the most interesting guy ever.  He was attending the LDS church and wants to be back.   He used to be a very heavy BoM reader but has stopped now, he doesn't know why. He was telling us that back in Africa, he would come up to white people and tell them to give him their car keys and they would because he was pretty intimidating, meaning he was tall and super muscled.  He was very cool and we got along well.
  
New Years Eve and day, we spent most of the day visiting less actives, member, and recent converts families.  These are the families that can’t/don’t ever come to church.   We got them a little excited that it was New Years Eve, a couple of them didn’t even know that it was New Years Eve. That went great and we taught a lot of lessons.  As for us, we stayed up until our bedtime and went to sleep.
Last Sunday, both of us fasted for three meals and the spirit was amazing.  That was how we got inspiration for our four new investigators. Amazing time here in Shenandoah!
Love,
Elder Vance