Sunday, March 1, 2015

Week # 78 ~“I don’t remember the song…”


Hello My Family,

I am doing great.  Life here in the Nebraska is busy and wonderful. The wallet guy is coming to church still but only to gospel principles.  We are so glad he lost his wallet.  How amazing the blessings are.  Our investigator with a baptismal date (Sid) came to all 3 hours of church last Sunday.
Yes, I did get your package and thank you for that, it was awesome!!  I love you!!
So, I have been sick for a couple of weeks now and I finally went to the doctor.   I found out that I have a viral bronchitis.  I am taking a prescription steroid for it and it is helping a lot. 

So this week was interesting.  For district meeting that we just had, we have a mission song (that I have not sang since the first day I got out here) and we are doing actions to the song, and they are very funny.  Also, yesterday we randomly got a knock on our door (which never happens) and it was a pizza deliveryman.  An elder that lives with us, his mom ordered pizza from her home in Utah and sent it out to Nebraska and gave it to us.  So we had a late night pizza party for about 10 minutes then we had to go to bed.  It was a nice surprise.

We have two new rules in the mission now. 
1. We can’t open or read any mail to us, when we receive it, only on p-day can we open and read it. 
2. We can only listen to church music and talks from now on.  No more inspirational music only church music. 

That was kind of a downer but we have to live with it now.

To answer your question...Yes, I feel like I have grown a lot.
I don't think that I am anywhere as shy as I was before I left also.  I also fell like my testimony and my knowledge has grown leaps and bounds.  How could it not???


My release date is august 19th. 
 I will not be able to do a lot when you pick me up.  I will still be an Elder.  I am no sure how that works?  I will find out, as we get closer. 

I would love some more Hank Smith cds that would be awesome, they are great.
I can listen to these, because we can listen to talks and his cds. 
My comp says thanks for asking if he needed anything.

Thanks for everything and I love you a lot!
Elder Vance