Friday, June 13, 2014

Week # 42 ~ Bath Tub Bed!


Hello All,

Start off with a quote from The NOM Pres.

 "Be who you are and say what you feel, (from the Spirit of course!) because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
                                                           ~Theodore Seuss Giesel--Dr. Seuss

Any Who.  This week was interesting.

The service project table that we removed the stain from, we later stained it again, the color that the lady wanted it to be this time and it is a dark red color. It’s almost crimson red and she keeps apologizing to us about having us do all of this work on the table. But it really wasn't hard at all.  We just got a brush and brushed it on, it was super easy, oh well.

Sunday.   I gave a talk about Preach my Gospel.  It was the second talk of that day and I took 25 minutes to talk about everything in it and what it does for us.  I was really nervous and my voice was shaking and stuttering and I felt really hot, but towards the end I was talking fluently. After sacrament a lady came up to me and asked me a lot of questions about PMG and I was able to answer all of them.   She even took my advice to pray about which topic she should study about.

Friday.  We decided to go tracting in a new neighborhood that was recently built (recently meaning about 3 years ago) and we got 13 contacts in about 35 minutes.  Contacts are someone that we talk to for a little bit about our church.  Then get their phone number and information for a come back visit.  One of the houses that we were going to knock on I felt really confident and I wanted to do this. I took charge and went and knocked on the house and said with confidence, “we are missionaries from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.." and he said, “no” and slammed the door in our faces.  I was like dang!   Some people just don't want anything to do with us.  We just kept going like good little missionaries!

That was the exciting parts of my week. 

We also had a tornado warning in our area, so we took shelter in our bathroom.   Just before the warning went off we were playing catch with a football behind our house and here are some pictures.  We were there for a few hours until the alarms were clear.  It was exciting!  We are safe and sound and I am out of time.  Love you all,



Love Elder Vance