Monday, January 5, 2015

Week # 72 ~ COLD OUTSIDE ~ WARM HEART INSIDE!


Hello Family, 

To start with a quote from my Mission President Weston,
."People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." (Lao-Tzu)

So this week was full of things.  New years eve, some one was sick in the hall way by  our door.   It was really stinky.  and smelled really bad for over a week.  So it is really cold now.  It is 12 degrees without the wind chill.  On Wednesday the high is supposed to be 0 and the low is going to be -12 without the wind chill.   We get to walk in it.  BuRRRrrRRRRR,  we are very(not) excited about that.


Good news is….We now have two people with a baptismal date!!  We are also teaching three new investigators that really want to come to church and be baptized.  They can’t because of their work schedules.  But we are working on them and I feel verygood about their progress.

Today I learned that Elder Hammonds companion Elder Levitt is going home.  He cant take it out on the mission anymore.  He is actually excited about it.  That made my heart sink. To be excited about leaving the lords service!?!  I couldn't just leave and be excited about it.  I don't know what to say about that or what to say to him.  Any ideas??


I am feeling better but I still am coughing.  We are out and about teaching.  We are listening to the talks that you have sent me in the past and they are really helpful for the situations that we are in right now.

I would love to have some more talks sent to me, would be great.

This is the smoothy that I made for dinner yesterday, it has mangos in it and pineapple, raspberry's, blueberry's, and cranberry juice.  It was very good and I needed the Vitamin C.
Tell Grandma thank you for sending me the blender, I  love it!
Let Preston know what a great job he did 5 & 0 that is amazing!  Wow!!! Nice job Preston!!!

I love you all very much,

Elder Vance